Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hi all!

So, I have decided to start a blog as I adjust to my current lifestyle as a military fiancee. I'm not exactly sure what I will say. I know some of it will be very upbeat and at other times quite sad. I feel that if I can somehow write out what I am feeling then maybe this whole process will get easier. Hunter is currently in bootcamp and graduates 2/4/11! I am so excited, 9 days until I get to see him. These past 9.5 weeks have been so hard. I have only received two phone calls and while I get letters once a week they are often not happy, since he to is struggling with adjusting to the military lifestyle. Hunter proposed to me over the phone on Jan. 3rd. Though I expect a proper proposal over graduation weekend :) I have realized in these last few months just how important he is to me. I also realize that I have to be independent and need to keep as focused as possible despite missing him. After his graduated he will spend only 17 days in A school and will then go to his first duty station or his first deployment. This absolutely terrifies me, especially since I don't know how the communication will be and I don't know when I will get to see him again. There are a lot of questions, but unfortunately the military offers little answers. A motto both Hunter and I use is "the military is all about hurry up and wait". Things can change so quick so I must learn to never expect anything, for that only leads to disappointment. Well, that's all I can write for now. I am sure I will post something just before and after graduation. Now I must study for my exams, yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment